Experience of implementation of the projects based on Oracle DBMS
Versions of Oracle DBMS: 7.3, 8.1.7, 9i, 10gR1, 10gR2, 11g.
Design of DB model and business-processes:
- Design tools: EMS SQL Manager for Oracle, Sybase PowerDesigner, Erwin, Rational Rose.
- Modeling languages: BPEL, UML.
- Design experience: DB models can contain more than 300 built objects with setting of special parameters and applying them to certain objects (in order to achieve the most optimal DB functioning). Business-processes models (UML) can contain more than 70 elements have also been developed.
DB-side design of business logic:
- Programming languages: PL/SQL, Java.
- Usage of stored procedures, triggers, materialized views and other tools for implementation of business logic. Vast experience in SQL-queries optimization.
- Oracle Workflow. Development, optimization, administering and monitoring of business-processes. This technology allows to logically implement complex multiple-stage registration system for the website in relatively short time frame;
- Oracle Text. This technology has been used to create a search engine which performs complex criteria search in documents, stored in DB;
- XML-DB. This technology has been used for dynamical data storing in XML;
- Partitioning – is used to reach the best performance.
- Installation of DB Oracle and other components to Linux and Windows platforms;
- Initial data filling, using export/import, data pump utilities, SQL-loader;
- DB monitoring. Settings and recommendations for improving of its performance;
- DB cloning;
- DB backup and restoring;
- Server hardware settings;
- Data privacy and security-related issues.
- Additional info:
- Experience in DB remote installation and maintenance;
- Experience in managing of large data bulks;
- Experience in adjusting and applying systems to various business areas.