If you want to discover the full potential of one of the most educated nations around the globe or just want to get the highest results at optimal budget - then it is definitely the time to get to know Ukraine closer!
Choosing between the alternatives when making a decision concerning your partners in software development projects, you may wish to consider following facts about Ukraine:
- Largest country in Europe
- Population: 46+ million people
- Literacy rate exceeds 99,4% (among Top 10 in the world) - with more than 60% of young people getting the 3-5 years of higher education courses after the secondary school (10 or 12 years)
- About 2.7 million students in more than 350 universities
- More than 30.000 IT-graduates annually (with bachelor, MSc or PhD diplomas)
- 300+ software companies employing 100-120 thousands of skilled professionals
- Total revenues of software development branch in Ukraine are estimated around USD 1,5 billion (in 2007) with 40-50 of it related to the IT outsourcing projects.
- Profile export growth rates reaching 80-100 percent each year (since 2005).
Program-Ace: Discover the real Ukraine!
What has Ukraine to offer as the attractive destination for large-scale and R&D-intensive projects?
McKinsey estimates that the new members of the European Union can offer average labor cost savings of 40 to 60 percent over costs in Western Europe, while cities in EU-candidate and non-EU countries (including Ukraine) can offer cost advantages of 60 to 80 percent. The similar situation was confirmed by outsourcing industry study of Gartner in May 2008.
Additional advantages of working with Ukraine on large-scale technological projects also include:
- Suitable location. 2-3 hours of flight from any major capital city within the Europe;
- Easy access. No visas needed for visitors from EU and the USA;
- No language barriers. High skills in technical English among IT-specialist (with other European languages available for communication);
- Equal standards. Same mentality, business culture and management approaches as in the Western Europe (according to the results of comparative study performed by IDC in 2007);
- Traditions. World-famous scientific schools, established system of hundreds of specialized research institutions and technology development centers;
- Higher quality. Projects that best suit Ukrainian software companies are generally not the ones with basic coding processes; you'd rather prefer the ones with higher demand for internal optimization, innovative solutions and intensive R&D activities.
Full impact of those advantages are to be seen not in simple cost-saving offshoring of seleted tasks, but in full-scale development projects (such as outsourced product development, OPD). Of course, best results are usually reached in long-term technological partnerships with established expert teams in specific field (such as interactive web & 3D solutions in case of Program-Ace).
Thus, choosing Ukrainian company as your partner, you may be sure you are taking smart decision — for the real advantages in the future.
Program-Ace: Inviting you to the world of new possibilities!