Brilliant tools for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Efficient search engine optimization (SEO) of your website guarantees its prosperity and popularity. Appropriate SEO allows your website to be on top positions in the search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, etc.) when users search by relevant keywords and phrases. Excellent optimization of your website extends number of visitors and customers. That is why this stage of the website life cycle is very important. But SEO process should be performed regularly in order the website rank be higher in search engines. So we want to share our experience with you.
Here are some very effective tools for SEO which you can use to expand your influence and to promote your internet business efficiently.
First of all it is worth noting that any search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, etc.) doesn’t index only websites, but also images, videos, local listings, news stories, blog posts, and more over World Wide Web. So you should not only optimize your website, but the whole online presence. This will bring more visitors to your website and generate more leads.Optimize your keywords
The first thing to do is to define the words which users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your website actually includes those words. There are more tags for relevant keywords placement on the page:
- Page Title is the most important part in your website indexing with search engines. You can place a keyword or two in the title tag (but don’t place too much words, the search engine might evaluate them as spam) and then place your company name at the title. This is important factor for Google to determine that a particular page is dedicated to a particular subject. You should try to keep the length of your title under 72 characters for search purposes. This will ensure that the full title is visible in a search result
- Meta description helps users and search engines to know the main points of that page. Describe your site short dedication in the ‘description’ section of Meta. This is the best way to present your site for users. Due to Meta description the content will be displayed as the summary info for the search result below the title, which influences whether or not you get the click. Try to keep Meta description under 165 characters so full description will be visible in the search result.
- Meta keywords - put in relevant keywords of your site in the ‘keywords’ section of Meta. This allows search engines to know what the page is about and give priorities to the content which will help index the site properly.
Your webpages content should be optimized for top rankings:
- Relevant & unique content – unique, fresh and frequently updated content is the best for search engines. Create useful, original, valuable, conversational and relevant content focused on customers as well as on your targeted keywords. This way you will make your site attractive to users and to Google.
- Keywords frequency - is the number of times your targeted keywords appear on the page. The best ratio of targeted keywords to the rest of the words on the page will bring the best rankings. But you don't need to repeat keywords for optimization. In fact, if you do, you’re likely to achieve the opposite result.
- Optimize images - search engines are unable to see non-descriptive images. Adding alt descriptions to the images give relevant text which search engines recognize when indexing the site. Use alt text and captions for your pictures. Place the most important keywords towards beginning of the caption and include keywords in the file name.
- Minimize Flash use - users love Flash animation, but search engines don’t. Search engine spiders are unable to index Flash. So if you have Flash on your website, make sure that you have an HTML equivalent side-by-side with it. And if you have a Flash on your landing page, include ‘skip intro’ option, links to your main site content or sitemap.
- Use Anchor Text – you should not use ‘click here’ when linking from one page of your website to another. Instead, use anchor text strategically to embed a hyperlink behind a targeted keyword. It brings more clarity to your website.
- Create a Site Map – a site map helps search engines to index your content correctly. A Site map for your website ensures that hard-to-find pages are scanned up by the search engine spiders.
Linking is the fundamental basis of the Web. External links are essential to getting traffic and getting a high page rank for your website. Blogs, social media and other niche links are the best way to increase your page rank. The best way to ensure that search engine finds your website is to be linked from lots of pages on other sites. Google robots skip from page to page via hyperlinks, so the more sites link to your site the more chances your website will be found quickly. In addition it is one of the biggest factors in Google rankings. So the more websites link to yours one the better it is. Getting links from high-traffic reputable sites is more credible than links from no-name websites.
But don’t use spam links. Under Google’s rules a website with links pointing to sites that Google considers to be spam can affect the reputation (and ranking) of your own site.
Google, Yahoo and Bing have webmaster sections where you can create an account, upload a sitemap and see stats about the crawling of your website. It provides search engine spiders finding your website by manually submitting it to search engines. Register your website at Yahoo Site Explorer, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Google Webmaster Tools.Use Content Management System (CMS)
If your site is still based on individual asp, php or html files, transfer it to the content management system such as WordPress, Joomla or Drupal. It will make your life much easier and give you huge amount of tools to promote your website. It will also increase user interaction and decrease the amount of time you spend on updates and changes to your website.Use online marketing tools
Use effective online marketing tools to promote your website and increase its popularity. You can receive more information about effective marketing tools in our article “The most effective ways of marketing on the Internet”:
- Start a Blog – Search engines like big amounts of content and big amounts of fresh content. Blogs have both. So create your blog inside your domain. It provides more Google credits.
- Participate in social network – due to increasing popularity of social networking you will benefit of LinkedIn and Facebook сompany’s profile creation and integration of your social network profile into your website (Like button, Share This, login with social network accounts, news feed, etc.). If you make your content shareable, then you increase it value.
- Create your social games – it is a reliable and quick way to promote your site.
- Optimize YouTube videos – insert targeted keywords for your business in the video title and description on YouTube. Include a hyperlink to your site in the description and signature. Use keywords when you tag the video, too.
- Put Presentations Online – upload your PowerPoint presentation to Slideshare, the world’s largest community for sharing presentations. Don’t forget to include a hyperlink to your site to the description and signature of the presentation.
- Signature File - as you navigate around online and get involved in social sites, forums, sending emails or even blog commenting always leave a signature file with hyperlink to your site.